Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Day In the Cambodian Countryside

I am a few days behind in my posts...this was a few days ago in case you are wondering.

Red dirt trails surrounded by rice fields. Every now and then a scooter or bicycle would pass by. Just as in the rural Midwest a family home would dot the roadside. There is one photo of not such a modern home. There are actually more modern homes built but my photo did not turn out. The children would run to the road once they saw us. "Hello", "Where are you from" and "how old are you" Are a few of the English phases they would speak. Very cute and actually quite shy of being near us. Water wells installed by some organization seemed to accommodate 90% of the homes.

Angkor Wat was amazing. A few photos but I mostly took with my camera vs my phone. So those will have to wait. We road from the hotel at sunrise to watch the sunrise over Angkor Wat.

And lastly one of the best things Siem Reap, $15 Thai massage.





















No comments:

Post a Comment