Friday, December 14, 2012

20 Hours In Narita

Narita is the airport that serves Tokyo, approximately 50 min train ride. I potted for the smaller (130k) and closer town of Narita only two train stops away.

It started out with a calamities of error. First I told the owner of the inn I was x train station when I was at y. Fortunately they are only a couple blocks away. Secondly, after my 12 rest I set off the alarm of the inn as I was leaving. This was after I spent a few minutes figuring out how to remove the wooden security doors. I think one had to be the rebut it was funny, at least to me and the owner seemed fine as well. It couldn't be the first time.

As you can see from the photo of my bed it is a little different. Nothing like flying in a cramped space for 15 hours and then to sleep on the floor. It was very nice actually. I just had to figure it out as it was all folded up.

After the alarm incident I headed to Naritasan Temple and Park. It was justa few meters away. The sun was just rising so the photos maybe a bit dark. The park was just beautiful. Would live to see it any season other then now really. There were three lakes and many paths. The large temple was constructed as a replacement in 1964. There were many replacement with the original one going back to the first century. And of course there where many other temples as I have found where there is one there are many, hence never just one. The picture with smoke is a huge incense burner. The Catholics need to step it up.

Coffee and breakfast were long over due. Oddly it seems many of the shops open around 8am. The pastry selection was terrific. The streets slowly came alive. Many kids walking to school in a variety of uniforms. These little girls were cute slowing making their way. Fermentation jar I presume. Their dollar store, 100 Yen.

Now onto Hanoi with a stop in Seoul, only a couple of hours. Not the best flight situation but I am really happy to have this experience in Japan. I highly recommend this layover to anyone.











































2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Some oddities for sure. How about the sink toilet? It automatically starts running water when the toilet flushes...cold and no soap.

      Delete